Weighting Schemes: Evaluation results

Vivek Pal vivekpal.dtu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 17:32:01 BST 2016

> It'd be nice if we knew what sort of corpus PPP would be good
> for; is there something suggestive in the literature?

There isn't anything specifics mentioned for Piv+ similar to what we
had for BM25+ previously but I'm positive that corpuses used are
four TREC collections: WT2G, WT10G, Terabyte, and Robust04, which
basically represent different sizes and genre of text collections.

> Trying to complete the documentation I think is the right priority.

Okay, I'm on it -- will soon open PRs for the same.

> Assuming you've addressed all the earlier comments (which I think you
> have), I think it's down to us at this point :-)

Thanks, that's great. Just to make sure everything is in place, I'll take a
quick
glance over things again.

> I don't see any significant hold ups other than
> that, although I'm not sure (because I haven't had to deal with it
> before) in what way we need to change the ABI number for these
> changes.

I think I have little to add here. Although, I can recall that you had
mentioned
in the mid-term meeting that these changes should go into the 1.5 series
instead
of a brand new thing in the 1.4 release or something similar if I remember
correctly. :)

Actually, as now that the submission week is nearing, I was wondering what
best fits the list
of different pieces of project work that have been merged or should it be
fine to list them
as work that hasn't been merged ?

Thanks,
Vivek