Implementation of substring search in omegascript

Ayush Gupta ayushgp10 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 18:52:00 GMT 2016

Hi,
I'm Ayush an undergraduate Computer Science student from Thapar university,
India. I was fiddling with xapian since the morning and trying to
understand the code and internals of Xapian.
I tried implementing the bite sized project idea posted here:
https://trac.xapian.org/wiki/ProjectIdeas#AddnewOmegaScriptcommandtodoasubstringsearch
but could not understand what needs to be returned when this command is
called.
This line is not so clear to me: expand to the offset of the first
occurrence of fish from the start of the string if $query, or to if
$query doesn't
contain the substring fish.
Also in query.cc file in omega dir, when defining function descriptions,
what does the evalargs and ensure arguments mean?
Thanks!
Ayush