Weighting Schemes: xapian-evalution configuration

Vivek Pal vivekpal.dtu at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 21:52:56 BST 2016

Hello,

As per the updated timeline after discussion on IRC during mid-term
meeting, upcoming week will be used to evaluate the weighting schemes
implemented so far.
Now that we have FIRE data available with us and that implementation of
PL2+ weighting function is complete (awaiting code review) so, I'm trying
to configure xapian-evaluation module.

Trying to make a sense of data here; according to the contents of config
file in root directory (https://goo.gl/z1evC5) , it seems I have following
two useful files from data:
1. textfile - en.docs.2011 (folder infact)
2. topicfile - en.topics.126-175.2011.txt

Although, other config parameters i.e. db, resultsfile, transfile,
queryfile, relfile, evaluationfiles can't be set. textfile,db,stopfile
parameters need to be configured to be able index a collection. Later
operations i.e. searching topics file and creating run also requires
configuring other parameters like queryfile ,topicfile, stopfile, relfile
and runfile. Is there any workaround for this situation? Gaurav might have
something to suggest here.

Thanks,
Vivek