Letor: returning MSet after re-ranking

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Sun Jul 31 17:43:56 BST 2016

On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 12:44:16AM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:

> Would a method which swapped two elements of an MSet provide what you
> need?  That would provide a more generic way to adjust the ranking of
> an MSet which for example could be used to implement a diversification
> feature or something like SQL "GROUP BY".

Isn't the most common use going to be that the client (letor or
whatever) knows what documents are in what order, possibly with what
new weights? I'd have thought people will end up writing the same
boilerplate code if they have only swap / set weight options, but
maybe I'm not seeing something.

  James Aylett, occasional trouble-maker
  xapian.org