GSoC midterm evaluations

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Tue Jun 21 23:11:15 BST 2016

Just a quick message for our students -- midterm evaluations are this
week, which means the mentors have to fill out a quick set of
questions on how each project is going. In order to make sure we do
this thoroughly, and also to provide an opportunity to revisit your
project timeline and see if it warrants adjusting at this point, we'd
like to arrange short -- 20 minute -- meetings on IRC, in a similar
way to how we did the interviews during the application process.

Probably the easiest way of doing this is if you email me with the
times you'll be available between now and the end of Sunday, and I'll
arrange which mentors will be available to be there for each one, and
to allow mentors who won't be there to be part of the process.

Please get back to me over the next 24 hours (before Wednesday 10pm
UTC, Thursday 2.30am IST). Obviously sooner would be more helpful, as
I can start to arrange things during my day Wednesday (although the
next eight or so hours I'll be asleep ;-).

(Mentors, it'd be helpful if you could do the same so I know who's
going to be available when :-)

  James Aylett, occasional trouble-maker
  xapian.org