GSoC Introduction

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Fri Mar 4 14:51:56 GMT 2016

On Wed, Mar 02, 2016 at 11:54:18PM +0530, Arun Sori wrote:

> I'm a final year undergraduate from India and interested in doing this
> year's GSoC with Xapian.
>
> I'm particularly interested in the project "Implement Bindings for Go".
> Are there any introductory bugs/fixes related to this project available ?
> What could be a good way to start with Xapian codebase ?

Hi, Arun. Our guide for potential GSoC students
(https://trac.xapian.org/wiki/GSoC%20Guide) takes you through getting
started with Xapian. There aren't any suitable bugs or enhancements
related to the Go bindings, because the proof of concept from Marius
Tibeica isn't merged, so there's nothing in a current version of
Xapian that supports go.

As well as Marius' proof of concept, there's some sample code which
demonstrates what the POC currently does. You'll have to make a decision
whether that is all a good foundation for the project, or if it's a
helpful guide to get started.

Hope this helps -- let us know if not!

  James Aylett, occasional trouble-maker
  xapian.org