Integrate Xapian into an application or framework Project

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Sun Mar 6 01:29:28 GMT 2016

On Sat, Mar 05, 2016 at 01:14:36PM +0530, Shibajyoti Debbarma wrote:

> I went through the ideas page and Project: Integrate Xapian into an
> application or framework suits me the most since I have skills which
> which I can utilise to contribute to this community.  Can you please
> help me to get started and tell me how do I start contributing by
> building this interesting Application?

Hi, Shibajyoti! Have you been through our guide for potential GSoC
students (https://trac.xapian.org/wiki/GSoC%20Guide)? That's a good
place to get started with Xapian.

For the project itself, you'll have to write a proposal of what you
actually want to do. Our project listings are there to provide some
ideas and suggestions of things we think would make good projects, but
part of GSoC is for you to plan and propose something specific. If you
have questions around a concrete idea, then please do ask questions!

  James Aylett, occasional trouble-maker
  xapian.org