GSoC 2016: Text-Extraction Libraries in Omega

Philip Chung philipchung1995 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 23:31:34 GMT 2016

Hi, everyone. I'm a third-year student in Computer Science. I have a few
projects (school-related) on Bitbucket
<https://bitbucket.org/philipchung/philipchungtech>.

I've been looking at the project-ideas list and I'm interested in making
Omega use libraries instead of external programs.

Right now I'm trying to get Olly's patch that was linked there to apply
to the current master. From that point I would see if I could generalize
this to other types of extraction.

I was thinking of different executables for each type of extraction. Is
this a good way to go, or is there a better way to go about it?

Thanks for your time.

Philip Chung