Error while building from git - xapian-letor

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Mar 9 01:05:04 GMT 2016

On Tue, Mar 08, 2016 at 12:01:29PM -0500, Ayush Tomar wrote:
> /home/ayush/Desktop/xapian/xapian-letor/bin/xapian-letor-update.cc:98:
> undefined reference to `Xapian::Internal::str(unsigned int)'
> /home/ayush/Desktop/xapian/xapian-letor/bin/xapian-letor-update.cc:99:
> undefined reference to `Xapian::Internal::str(unsigned int)'
> /home/ayush/Desktop/xapian/xapian-letor/bin/xapian-letor-update.cc:100:
> undefined reference to `Xapian::Internal::str(unsigned int)'
[...]
> Is there something that I'm ignoring? can someone please help me out?

A downside of not building letor by default is that breakages like this
don't get picked up right away.  But it has extra dependencies so we
don't force people to build it by default.

I think this means that letor needs updating to a more recent version
of the "common" subdirectory.  You can probably just modify the
bootstrap script and change the git commit hash that's used for letor's
common to be the same as used for omega's common.