A query about clustering Idea

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Mon Mar 21 13:40:52 GMT 2016

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 11:39:37PM +0530, MURTUZA BOHRA wrote:

> Sir one more query, I am to write a proposal for this project so how
> difficult would it be if I write the code freshly for my algorithm or will
> it be better to use the previous code and make corrections into it.

Well, unless you use a similar algorithm there's not much code going
to be re-usable. I know that someone did improve the efficiency of the
current algorithm as a test a couple of years ago, but it didn't
provide enough speed improvement to be usable for realtime search.

On the other hand, the API structure in the svn/clustering branch is
probably helpful.

  James Aylett, occasional trouble-maker
  xapian.org