Xapian's GSoC Student Application

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Tue Mar 22 12:57:26 GMT 2016

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 03:49:45PM +0800, 欧蛟 wrote:

> Hello! My name is Ou Jiao, and I am a graduate student at Institute
> of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences. The file is my GSoC
> student application. Would it be possible to give me some suggestions as to
> how I might improve it?  I am looking forward with great pleasure to doing
> this project.Thank you for your help and consideration.

Hi Ou Jiao! Welcome to Xapian. It'd be really helpful if you could
load your proposal into the GSoC system as a draft at this
point. Also, if possible, having it in some system (such as Google
Docs) where we can comment on the text, rather than as a fixed
attachment, will make it easier for us to discuss elements of the
proposal with you. (But if you can't get that to work, we'll figure it
out :-)

  James Aylett, occasional trouble-maker
  xapian.org