GSoC 2016 Project: Implement Bindings for R

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Fri Mar 25 12:47:42 GMT 2016

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 07:17:28AM +0530, Amanda Jayanetti wrote:

> Could you kindly tell me if my design for the R API needs further
> improvements?

Amanda -- I wouldn't worry too much about getting the final details of
the suggested API 'right' at the proposal stage. API design is a
subtle and often hard job, so if your project is accepted we'd expect
you to work with the mentors to explore and develop this further both
in the 'bonding' period and across the summer. (Some aspects of APIs
aren't even obvious until you'd actually implemented a draft of it and
written some sample code; sometimes you then have to go back and
rethink things.)

  James Aylett, occasional trouble-maker
  xapian.org