Bite-size project

Richhiey Thomas richhiey.thomas at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 05:42:54 BST 2016

On Mar 28, 2016 3:01 PM, "Olly Betts" <olly at survex.com> wrote:
> That's where a new command needs to be hooked up, but in this case I'd
> put the actual implementation into transform.cc alongside the
> implementation of $transform - then it can share $transform's regex
> cache (which avoids recompiling a regex if it's used multiple times,
> either explicitly or in something like $hitlist which gets evaluated
> multiple times).

Yes, that would be a much better way of hooking up the function since the
regex cache doesn't need to be created again.

> It would be useful to also support an optional flags argument, like
> $transform does.  Then the user can do things like a case insensitive
> match.

Oh yes I'm sorry I forgot to mention this.
We can use the options provided by the pcre library to let the user modify
functionality accordingly.

> Isn't that backwards?

That's the way I thought it could be done looking at the way $transform has
been written. If there is any other way, do guide me through that.

Can I start with trying to implement this?