GSoC 2016 - Introduction

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Fri May 20 16:03:19 BST 2016

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 01:36:00AM +0530, Richhiey Thomas wrote...

Quick response to a couple of things.

1. Xapian::Cluster should be a cluster of documents; that's what I
(and I suspect most people) would expect it to be.

2. So your clustering implementation needs a different name. I don't
have a good one (Clusterer is a bit odd, ClusterAlgorithm is a little
too abstract).

3. ClusterSet sounds fine to me; that the thing that the Clusterer
will return.

> The documents belonging to a certain cluster can be retrieved by a function
> which returns documents to a DocumentSet. This can again be made iterable
> but I don't know how productive making a DocumentSet would be.

You can just put some sort of document iterator on the Cluster.

> Also, I apologize for not being too responsive on the mailing list, but
> I've been having exams going on. They'll be getting over on the 26th of
> this month, after which I can concentrate on the project completely.

We already knew about them, so that's really fine. Exams are important!

  James Aylett, occasional trouble-maker
  xapian.org