R bindings for Xapian - Project progress

Amanda Jayanetti amandajayanetti at gmail.com
Mon May 30 17:53:03 BST 2016

Thanks a lot for the feedback James!

>> There are a few little things I think you can tidy up on non-R issues.

Although I created the github account several years ago, haven't really
used it much. Will read about it and make the changes you pointed out.

>> if you get stuck then drop me an email with some times you can be online
> and I'll walk you through it

Will do. Thanks :)

>  >> In configure.ac, you should default to xapian-config, not
> xapian-config-1.3; anyone who's using a development version can point
> XAPIAN_CONFIG to the relevant binary

Will change it. I haven't made the package compatible with Windows yet. I'm
planning to work on these things during the last few weeks.

>> github provides some helpful tools for discussing

>>changes if you work on a branch and then create a pull request

I'll read about these.

Best regards,
Amanda