R bindings for Xapian search engine library

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Sep 29 04:34:01 BST 2016

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 06:02:31AM +0100, Amanda Jayanetti wrote:
> I want to express my deepest gratitude for giving me the opportunity to
> work on one of Xapian's GSoC projects.
> The experience I gained during the past few months was extremely rewarding.
> And I really enjoyed working on this project with Xapian.

I'm delighted you enjoyed it and feel you got a lot out of it.

> I really appreciate the methodical way Xapian conducted this internship
> program. In particular, I want to thank James for the time he spent on
> reviewing my code and providing me with insightful constructive criticism
> of my work.

Yes, James has been especially awesome this year.

> I'm looking forward to continuing working with Xapian as a maintainer of
> RXapian. Thanks again for giving me this amazing opportunity!

I've added a link for RXapian to the list of languages on
https://xapian.org/ (the website moved server about 12 hours ago and
I've only changed the new server, so the new link might not show up yet
for people with aggressively caching DNS servers).