Omega: Missing support for newer weighting schemes

James Aylett james at tartarus.org
Sat Apr 8 16:45:58 BST 2017

On 8 Apr 2017, at 12:41, Vivek Pal <vivekpal.dtu at gmail.com> wrote:

> In my explorations of Omega codebase, I have found that Omega is currently
> missing support for newer weighting schemes added in 1.4.1 (BM25+, PL2+,
> Dir+). I'd submit a PR addressing that but as I think I might be missing
> something so just wanted to check if there's a particular reason for that?

Hi, Vivek — there isn't any particular reason that I'm aware of. It's probably worth pointing (in the omegascript documentation) to the part of the getting started guide which talks about the different weighting schemes and what they do [1]. (It doesn't cover Dir+, but it does talk about BM25+ and PL2+.)

[1] https://getting-started-with-xapian.readthedocs.io/en/latest/howtos/weighting_scheme.html

 James Aylett
 devfort.com — spacelog.org — tartarus.org/james/