Omega: Missing support for newer weighting schemes

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Sat Apr 8 18:56:14 BST 2017

On 8 Apr 2017, at 18:42, Vivek Pal <vivekpal.dtu at gmail.com> wrote:

> If there isn't any reason then I'd like to send in a patch adding support for
> those weighting schemes in weight.cc and I agree omegascript documentation
> should also be updated to point to the weighting scheme section in the getting
> started guide ($set command to be specific if I'm not wrong) which I'll try to
> incorporate in the same PR.

Sounds good, yes.

> Additionally, omegascript documentation will also require updating to reflect
> support for newer weighting schemes in $set command.

It may be worth splitting that part of the $set documentation out into its own section somehow, because it's getting a bit long — and the details of which weighting schemes were available in which version isn't a key part of the $set command itself.

>> It doesn't cover Dir+, but it does talk about BM25+ and PL2+.
>
> Actually, Dir+ is mentioned under LMWeight weighting scheme section in the
> last paragraph, although in brief.

Well spotted!

 James Aylett, occasional troublemaker & project governance
 xapian.org