Omega: Missing support for newer weighting schemes

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Sat Apr 8 21:11:22 BST 2017

On 8 Apr 2017, at 19:15, Vivek Pal <vivekpal.dtu at gmail.com> wrote:

>> and the details of which weighting schemes were available in which version
>> isn't a key part of the $set command itself.
>
> Do you suggest dropping that piece of information out? Since the reason behind
> adding that is unclear to me so I'm not entirely sure if it would be a good
> idea.

No, we shouldn't lose it completely. But I think that omegascript should document the language and the functions, and the omega documentation should cover things like exactly which weighting schemes are available. Right now, omega doesn't have particularly coherent documentation, and I think finding a better home for the weighting scheme details might help.

(Or it might not. But it's difficult to get into omega properly at the moment.)

 James Aylett
 devfort.com — spacelog.org — tartarus.org/james/