GSoC-2017 Introduction and Project Discussion

James Aylett james at tartarus.org
Sun Mar 19 18:51:42 GMT 2017

On 19 Mar 2017, at 17:43, Shivang Bansal <shivangbansal1995 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I strongly believe that it would be worthful as this model will judge the terms according to their relationship order in the documents which would enhance the effectiveness of search results (please let me know if you think otherwise).

I'm keen to see anything that will improve Xapian's usefulness. I'm just also aware that adding a weighting scheme that isn't directly supported by the way Xapian works at the moment can be a fair amount of work — and you'd have to have a plan for how to address this in your project proposal.

 James Aylett
 devfort.com — spacelog.org — tartarus.org/james/