GSOC 2017 Project: Learning to Rank Click Data Mining

YuLun Cai buptcyl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 05:03:09 GMT 2017

Hi, James

Thanks for your reply.

I think it's also important to have clear documentation for the logging we
> use, so that non-omega users can benefit from this work. Note that omega
> already supports some logging, using $log{}.

I'm quite agree with you that clear documentation is important. And thanks
for point out that omega already supports some logging,I will look through
it.

 but I'd recommend driving your format based on what information you need,
> rather than on what others have done

Yes, I will consider what information is important for relevance judgement
first, I look at the AOL general query logs because I think that they will
log the most important thing, which can guide me to find the information I
need.

It doesn't have to be a user identifier; it can be a search or session id.
> (This can have different privacy implications, although we don't want to
> try to give recommendations on that side of things.)

for the user identifier what I mean is the identifier  that the search
query cones from, which actually the same as a search or session id or
 search IP.

I'd start this by writing a detailed plan of what you intend to implement.

I'm trying to write a draft  proposal and will summit it to the GSOC
website soon.

Thanks