GSOC 2018: Diversification of Search Results

Uppinder Chugh uppinderchugh at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 19:53:15 BST 2018

Thanks for selecting my proposal for GSoC, looking forward to
contributing further to Xapian. I've posted this in the IRC but didn't
receive any reply, so I'm presuming this must've been missed and thus
posting it here. As proposed, I plan to use ClueWeb09 Category B
dataset for evaluating diversification. A hosted copy is available
(http://lemurproject.org/clueweb09.php/index.php#Services) which may
be accessed but requires a license. The license is free and granted to
an organisation by applying online
(http://lemurproject.org/clueweb09/organization_agreement.clueweb09.worder.Mar30-18.pdf)
. If a maintainer could have a look at this, that would be great. It's
mentioned on the website that it takes around 2 weeks to obtain the
license, and as discussed in the interview, I might evaluate the
GLS-MPT implementation before moving on to optimizations (C2-GLS).