Query regarding GSoC 2018

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Feb 13 03:31:19 GMT 2018

Sorry Mit - your mail was held for moderation and I didn't process the
queue last week.  I've now added your address to the whitelist.

Sadly we have to moderate mail from non-subscribers or the list would be
full of spam.

On Tue, Feb 06, 2018 at 07:51:06PM +0530, Mit Shah wrote:
> I came to know about Xapian search engine library via GSoC website. It
> encouraged me to write to the mailing list.
>
> I wish to know more about the project titled diversification of results.
>
> Can we explore vector space model or machine learning technique for the
> same?

What really matters is that the approach taken provides useful
diversification for at least some common use-cases, and that it's fast
enough at search time for use with interactive search.