GSoC Project Guidance

Neil Paul androneil54 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 23:34:36 GMT 2018

Hello,
         I am Indraneil Paul, a final year Computer Science student at IIIT
Hyderabad. I wish to work on the project Learning to Rank: Clickstream Data
Mining. I have an avid interest in ML and IR​, having done an ML related
GSoC project last year as well under Green Navigation, and would like to go
ahead with working on this project.

         In order to get a basic understanding of clickstream mining I have
studied a few links:
1. An introductory blog post (
https://www.blendo.co/blog/clickstream-data-mining-techniques-introduction/)
2. A more thorough review (
https://clickmodels.weebly.com/uploads/5/2/2/5/52257029/mc2015-clickmodels.pdf
)

         I would like to start corresponding with potential mentors
regarding a viable set of timed realistic goals w.r.t. implementing an
end-to-end learning to rank model and/or implementing the EM based training
method for the DBN model. It would be great if I could get some pointers
regarding how to go about this next.
Thank You,
Indraneil Paul