[GSoC] Go Bindings for xapian

Shubham Rao cshubhamrao at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 23:15:55 GMT 2019

Hi
I am Shubham Rao, sophomore currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science
I have experience with Go, Python, Java and some understating of C/C++.
I am interested in working for Xapian for GSoC, specially projects related
to improving/writing bindings in the languages above.

Can you please help me how to get started? I have cloned and compiled the
xapian code but I don't know how to proceed from here, specifically about
SWIG

I found a few new commits to the golang branch but wasn't able to determine
what exactly is happening

My current understanding is that SWIG reads a some interface definitions
(defined in .i) to output a xapian.go file, is it correct?

Regards,
*Shubham Rao*