A Greeting for Xapian community

outdream a13700bc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 01:57:54 GMT 2019

Thanks for your kind replies.

I'm sorry for carelessness while reading the document (つ﹏⊂), thanks
for your kindness again.

For the question about bootstrap, I took a try on Ubuntu16.04 with
virtual machine and met the same problem.
The detailed error context is below:

>line 81: makeinfo: command not found
>WARNING: 'makeinfo' is missing on your system.
>         You should only need it if you modified a '.texi' file, or
>         any other file indirectly affecting the aspect of the manual.
>         You might want to install the Texinfo package:
>         <http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/>
>         The spurious makeinfo call might also be the consequence of
>         using a buggy 'make' (AIX, DU, IRIX), in which case you might
>         want to install GNU make:
>         <http://www.gnu.org/software/make/>
>Makefile:1390: recipe for target 'doc/libtool.info' failed
>make[2]: *** [doc/libtool.info] Error 127
>make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/outdream/MyDev/xapian/BUILD/libtool-2.4.6'
>Makefile:1637: recipe for target 'install-recursive' failed
>make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
>make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/outdream/MyDev/xapian/BUILD/libtool-2.4.6'
>Makefile:1942: recipe for target 'install' failed
>make: *** [install] Error 2
>Bootstrap failed

Before execute ./bootstrap, I execute the command given in the HACKING:

>apt-get install build-essential m4 perl python zlib1g-dev uuid-dev wget bison tcl

There was no 'texinfo' in my Ubuntu after installed all these, and I
met the error above. And it was also solved by 'apt-get install
texinfo'. I'm not sure if the virtual environment would also have an
affect on this.

Cheers,
outdream

Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> 于2019年3月4日周一 上午3:16写道: