Regarding GSoC 2019 "Clickstream Mining for Learning to Rank"

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sat Mar 30 03:36:35 GMT 2019

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 01:37:05AM +0800, Cong Ding wrote:
> Besides, I browsed the previous GSoC 2017 project and looked into the
> relevant code. I'm now trying to implement MLE algorithm for the SDBN
> click model. I hope to complete my first version before Friday. For
> future work, if we want to implement other click models, I believe a
> test algorithm to compare the performance of different models is
> important. As for end-to-end use of LeToR with Omega, I haven't got a
> clue yet. Hope to discuss with you!

If we're going to have multiple models, it sounds useful to provide a
way for someone trying to deploy this to check which works best for
their situation.

As for end-to-end use, it'll need some integration of xapian-letor in
xapian-omega (so the results get re-ranked), and then it's mostly a
matter of making sure there's a clear and fairly smooth process all
the way through from logging clicks to turning the logs into relevance
judgements to training the model to getting queries reranked.  And
writing some documentation so people can easily follow that process.