[Xapian-discuss] Time to finally remove the old Om names?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sat Aug 14 18:42:41 BST 2004

Xapian 0.7.0 changed all the external names to use a Xapian namespace
rather than an Om prefix (for classes) or an om_ prefix (for types).

I implemented a compatibility layer which allowed older code to still
be compiled, with the plan that this would be removed after a transition
period to give people a chance to update their code.

Xapian 0.7.0 was released on 2003-07-03 - more than a year ago.  I think
the time has probably come to strip out the compatibility layer - anyone
disagree?  If so why?