[Xapian-discuss] 100% relevant

Francis Irving francis at flourish.org
Tue Aug 17 13:14:54 BST 2004

> Probably the first thing to try is "make check" on the xapian-core
> tarball.  If that fails, it'll give us somewhere to look.  If it
> doesn't, then the xapian library is probably OK - if get_weight()
> always returned zero, several tests would fail.

OK, I've compiled xapian-core-0.8.1 on the server, and "make check"
passes all tests.  It does however skip some tests (yellow text) to do
with stemming, is that normal?  I've asked Ben to run "make check" on
the actual compiled directory which the binary was installed from, to
see if there's something funny with that particular version.

If it isn't the library, any other suggested debugging tips?  I can post
up the script I'm using to create the database.  I've tried with a clean
one with only a small amount of data, and I'm getting the same problem.

Which is the API function which sets or checks what weight system is
being used?

Thanks for your help Olly.

Francis
--