[Xapian-discuss] Filter or MatchDecider or Other?

Sam Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Fri Aug 20 09:08:10 BST 2004

Olly Betts wrote:

>I'm not certain if MatchDecider is supported by the PHP bindings.  You
>need to be able to sub-class it to use it, or supply the decision
>function in some other way.  Hopefully someone with more knowledge of
>the bindings than me can give a more definitive answer...

This feature (subclassing C++ classes in PHP) depends on automatic
callback support (with cookie values) in swig.
We spend a long time discussing this; the best solution depended on
libffi which was supposed to become part of gcc, but did not seem
consistently available at the time.

I don't have time to look at it in the near future as broken promises to
look at things in the recent past have shown.

Sorry

Sam