[Xapian-discuss] Removing items from index results in adding?

Eric Bus news_e at fambus.nl
Fri Aug 20 15:41:35 BST 2004

Hi,

I'm still having problems with my automatic update script. It seems like
the 'remove' entries are interpreted as new entries. For example:

artikelid=1014983

artikelid=1014986

artikelid=1014992

etc.

This is the format of my deletion file. And when I run it by hand it
seems to works. But after some runs (every 5 minutes) something strange
happens. The list of ID's results in an add operation:

Add: 636397
Add: 636398
Add: 636399
Add: 636400
etc.

I don't have a clue why this happens, and it's quite annoying. My index
grows to about 2.000.000, which is the total number of records in my
MySQL database, including expired articles.

Any help? Am I doing something wrong? :)

Thanks,
Eric