[Xapian-discuss] Removing items from index results in adding?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Aug 20 16:25:55 BST 2004

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 05:00:40PM +0200, Eric Bus wrote:
> artikelid: field=artikelid boolean=Q unique=Q
> [...]
>
> I must admit that until a few minutes ago, the field voor artikelid was
> spelled field=artikelID. Could this the source of the problem?

In the index script?  If so, that should be fine.

I can't see what's going wrong here at all.  If the only line in a
record is fed to unique (and optionally other things) then the record
should be deleted, unless there's no term indexing that record in which
case it is ignored.

> The strange thing is that I've never seen the Add lines when I run the
> deletion script by hand. Coincidence?

I guess you feed in more data when not running it by hand, so perhaps it
is.

I'll have to look more closely I think...