[Xapian-discuss] Compressed Btrees

Arjen van der Meijden arjen at glas.its.tudelft.nl
Tue Dec 14 10:20:38 GMT 2004

It turns out that the position-table took much more than 3 hours to
compress using the zlib-layer with minimal compression results. I don't
know the exact times, but I killed it after it had run for 3:38u while
it had only done 4.7G of the data. An earlier non-zlib run took a bit
over 1:15u on the same machine with a similar load.

So for the next runs I won't be compressing that table anymore. The
termlist took only 3 minutes more orso to generate.

Best regards,

Arjen