[Xapian-discuss] Search queries with wildcards

Timo Haberkern thaberkern at emedia-office.de
Tue Dec 14 14:33:27 GMT 2004

Hello,

i'm looking for a search engine for a new web appliaction that we are
developing at the moment. I took a first look at xapian and it looks
very promising. The only thing i need are searches with wildcards or
matchin subpatterns. I test it with the index of the xapian online page.

- If i use "install" as search query i get 1 match
- if i use "installing" as search query i get 3 matches

Is it possible that the search engine is finding all words in which the
pattern install is included??

Another question: The application is multi language. Is it possible to
have more than one different indexes and search a special index? And
that the indexing is using deiffernt stemmers ans stop words for the
indexing?

For example:

- A german index,  that i sindexed with a german stemmer and stop file
- An english index,  that i sindexed with an english stemmer and stop file

If a german user is searching he will use the german database (with the
german stemmer for the search query)

Thanks for helping

Timo