[Xapian-discuss] postlist-errors due to already fixed bugs or not?

Arjen van der Meijden arjen@glas.its.tudelft.nl
Wed, 02 Jun 2004 09:35:19 +0200

On 2-6-2004 2:17, Olly Betts wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 10:14:59PM +0200, Arjen van der Meijden wrote:
>
>>Currently I have a database that has only seen added documents (and
>>doesn't contain errors) and the same database that has seen about 1700
>>"document changes", where about half was a replacement and half a new
>>document (which does contain errors).
>

> So are you saying that the two databases should be identical, but were
> created using different sequences of operations (the first with
> add+replace of the same document changed to just add of the later
> version)?
>
> Or that the second is the first plus about 1700 operations?
It's the first plus those document changes. Mostly additions and
replacements.

> You don't happen to be able to replay those 1700 operations do you?
Not exactly, but I can create a similar situation. And will be able to
create a scriptindex file of those changes, which can then be applied to
the first database to cause the same errors.

> It would be ideal if I could watch how the error appears...
I think that can be done.

> Oh, and any deletions?  Just knowing it's adds and replaces would narrow
> down where I need to look.
At most 2 or 3 of the 1700... I'm not sure whether that happened or not
this time.

Best regards,

Arjen van der Meijden