[Xapian-discuss] DatabaseCorruptError using CVS Snapshot from 6/17/2004

Olly Betts olly@survex.com
Mon Jun 21 15:44:03 BST 2004

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 10:23:02AM -0400, Eric B. Ridge wrote:
> Well, I *think* we've moved passed the threading/concurrency issues (Xapian
> CVS snapshot plus a better synchronization scheme via Java), but now we're
> getting this gem:
>
> org.xapian.errors.DatabaseCorruptError: Expected another key with the same
> term name but found a different one
>         at org.xapian.XapianJNI.writabledatabase_flush(Native Method)
>
> What does this mean?  What causes it?  How do we fix it?

A long posting list is split into chunks, the last of which has a "this
is the last chunk" flag set.  This error means that there doesn't seem
to be such a "last chunk".

> This is occurring with the Xapian CVS snapshot Olly pointed me to last week
> (dated 6/17/2004), on our Dual Hyperthreaded Xeon server.

I incorrect cleaned up some code (since 0.8.0) which resulted in this
error.  The patch was partly backed out on 17th, and the rest last night
(I failed to notice it didn't cleanly apply the first time - d'oh!)

So try updating to the latest CVS snapshot.

> Quartzcheck says the database is just fine:

That's probably because the exception means that the broken revision never
gets committed.