[Xapian-discuss] [Fwd: Irix install of omega fails.]

Jim Lynch jwl at sgi.com
Tue Jun 29 14:31:54 BST 2004

OK, after further investigation I've found some things out.

If you put the -no_prelink in before you compile the first time, the
make fails.  You have to do a make.  Make the change and then do another
make.  But that's not the source of the problem.  The problem is the
second make.  This is confusing.

Starting from scratch, both the Irix make and the GNU make work the same
way.  I was mistaken before.  The first time you run the make, it
creates everything OK.  The second make for some reason thinks that
omindex needs to be rebuilt and attempts to do that.  For some reason
the remaking of the omindex is what is failing.  That's why after the
first make you've got to edit the Makefile.

I'm thinking that something that omindex depends on is being regenerated
in a step after omindex gets built and that object/library has the extra
stuff in it that the loader is complaining about, hence the requirement
for the -no_prefix for the second make.

Did any of that make sense?

Jim.