[Xapian-discuss] PHP bindings on a Mac

James Aylett james-xapian@tartarus.org
Wed, 26 May 2004 12:50:53 +0100

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 01:43:40PM +0200, rm@fabula.de wrote:

> > You can check this by entering php4/xapian/, and running "libtoolize -f
> > -c".  This should create a config.sub.
> >
> > Check that you've got libtool version 1.5 (or later) installed.
>
> That's i workarround. libtoolize shouldn't be neccessary for the end user -
> that command should be run during the package creation (-> i.e. by the
> developer).

The problem is that phpize does far too much in one go, making it
unpleassant to use it within a proper autotools system. Really, the
PHP bindings are built in about the worst possible way, but short of
replicating most of the work phpize does into our own build system
it's going to be difficult to avoid that :-(

  james@tartarus.org                               uncertaintydivision.org