[Xapian-discuss] Query::Query() in PHP, also QueryParser::prefixes

Richard Boulton richard@tartarus.org
Wed, 26 May 2004 23:31:19 +0100

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 11:19:07PM +0100, James Aylett wrote:
> > Either way I'm stuck and will have to resort to piping to Perl again
> > soon... ;(
>
> Eww. You may be able to do something with the query server that
> Richard put into CVS a while back - don't know quite what state it's
> in, though.

It works fine.  It's a little minimal - just provides an interface to set a
query, add filters, set a collapse key, and return a set of results.
Should be useful until we have the PHP bindings a little more stable.

It could probably be made quite a bit more efficient, but I preferred to
keep it simple, and avoid running into unexpected problems.  It works fast
enough for me, though.

Ask me (via the list) if you need help.  The documentation should be fairly
clear, though.

--
Richard