[Xapian-discuss] 100% relevant again

Francis Irving francis at flourish.org
Wed Nov 3 09:47:59 GMT 2004

Hello all,

I'm having this problem still, and unpredictably on different servers.
It's very depressing, as it means the search on TheyWorkForYou.com is
still broken.

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 08:31:35AM +0100, Francis Irving wrote:
> Every query seems to be returning 100% relevant for every result, all
> the way down to the last one returned.
>
> That is if I search for something like "treatment OR centre", it
> returns 16758 responses, all with the same relevancy, being 100%.  And
> get_weight returns 0 as well.

Olly suggested this a while ago:

On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 12:56:19PM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> > Any other suggestions for debugging this?
>
> If it's not the above, I'd suggest building a debug version of Xapian
> (configure with --enable-debug).  That will enable various consistency
> checks which might flag something up.

I've done that.  How should I expect the consistency checks to occur?
Any other suggestions for debugging this?

Francis