[Xapian-discuss] Atomic DB rebuilds

Samuel Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Mon Oct 4 20:38:26 BST 2004

Olly Betts wrote:

>We're getting away from the original issue here.  I doubt Sam is
>accessing his databases over NFS, and I'd be stunned if he was accessing
>them over NFS to a Windows server.

Olly has grasped the numb of the situation pretty well. It was ln -s
that deceived me.
To answer Arjan's helpfulc comments, it is tracking of deleted items
that is also part of the problem. Its a problem that occurs often, I
guess next time I'll get furthern than I have this time (each time  I
get a bit further before it doesn;t become worth the effort).

Sam