[Xapian-discuss] Stemming and Query Parsing

Mike Boone mike at boonedocks.net
Sun Oct 17 18:40:28 BST 2004

We're currently running Xapian 0.8.1 via PHP. I am trying to search on the
term 'C#' in our keyword list. If I run the stemmer (English) independently,
'c#' is stemmed to 'c#', but it appears that when I parse the term using the
QueryParser, it is truncated to plain 'c'. For a similar search, 'C++' stems
properly in both the stemmer and the QueryParser.

Is there a list of which characters are thrown out by the QueryParser, and
is there any way to use the QueryParser, yet keep the desired characters?

Thanks,
Mike.
http://boonedocks.net/