[Xapian-discuss] xapian + plpgsql crash? have backtrace...

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Oct 26 17:11:30 BST 2004

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 08:23:03PM -0700, Eric Parusel wrote:
> Is there something I can do with the core dump, or with ktrace on
> FreeBSD or a linux process tracing utility that would be of help?

If you configure xapian-core with --enable-debug --enable-debug-verbose
then you'll turn on all the internal consistency checks and also compile
in code which produces a log of control flow through much of the library.

You can then set XAPIAN_DEBUG_LOG and XAPIAN_DEBUG_FLAGS in the
environment to control what is logged and where.  By default, nothing
is logged.

This is described in the HACKING file in xapian-core, so I won't repeat
all that.  It doesn't explicitly say, but setting XAPIAN_DEBUG_FLAGS=-1
is an easy way to turn on all debug logging.  I'll add a note to that
effect.  Hmm, and it also doesn't say you can put "%%" in
XAPIAN_DEBUG_LOG and it will be replaced with the process-id, which
is sometimes useful.