[Xapian-discuss] PHP Bindings

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Thu Sep 9 10:35:20 BST 2004

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 08:46:48PM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:

> I've added "smoketest.py" which creates a document and adds some stemmed
> terms.  I did try to add the document to an inmemory database, but as
> far as I can tell Xapian::InMemory::open() isn't available in the SWIG
> bindings!
>
> I think we need a "TODO" list for the bindings...

Yeah ... if bugzilla weren't so cumbersome, I'd use that :-/

[Binding tests]
> A useful approach is probably to go through the C++ apitest and
> translate all the feature tests (ignoring regression tests and
> consistency tests) so that ideally every method is exercised.  You can
> largely rely on the C++ code working the same way - the important bit
> to test is the binding part plus any language specific extensions.

Yeah ... you just want to exercise the same functionality as the C++
test. The extra binding functionality is mostly (in Python, at any
rate) a matter of different ways of using iterators, which is probably
best done as a new serious of tests.