[Xapian-discuss] Xapian 0.8.2 released

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Sep 13 19:47:01 BST 2004

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 07:10:05PM +0100, Fabrice Colin wrote:
> The RPM for omega doesn't build as the htdig scripts aren't
> packaged, so I have updated the spec file. The patch is :

Oops - thanks for the patch.

> If you want me to, I'll look into packaging the bindings into RPMs...

That'd be useful.  It might also be useful to have the examples packaged
too - delve and quest are both useful tools in their own right, as well
as being useful example programs.  Or perhaps include these two (and
any others that are useful as tools) in the xapian-core package.

> Once I am done, would it be possible to host RPMs on xapian.org ?

Sure.

> I can build them for Fedora Core 2 and Yellow Dog 3.0.

I noticed Alan Cox has also done RPMs for Xapian and Omega, designed to
work with Fedora Core 3:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-July/msg01576.html

It would probably be useful to compare his spec files with ours, and
perhaps come up with a definitive version (unless we need different
spec files for different RPM-based Linux distros).  We should probably
at least rename our omega RPM to xapian-omega to avoid the clash he
mentions.

I've cc:-ed Alan in case he has any thoughts.