[Xapian-discuss] Omega + Xapian 0.8.2 result in Segfaults/document not found errors

Michiel Roding michiel at parse.nl
Wed Sep 15 12:07:26 BST 2004

Hi,

Just installed 0.8.2, and re-ran my indexer after deleting all previous
db's.

Indexing went fine, but running omega results in some strange behaviour:

michiel at phobos(pts/1):~/boards/parse/react.parse.nl/board/non-www/omega
$ /usr/local/lib/omega/bin/omega P=tho
Exception: Document 4294967295 not found.
michiel at phobos(pts/1):~/boards/parse/react.parse.nl/board/non-www/omega
$ /usr/local/lib/omega/bin/omega P=thom
Segmentation fault

but;
$ /usr/local/lib/omega/bin/omega P=test

gives the correct documents...

please inform me how to resolve this. System used is Slack 10.

ps: after installing xapian+omega I had to do a ldconfig by hand, would
be nice if the installer would do so automatically.