[Xapian-discuss] Xapian 0.8.2 released

Fabrice Colin fabrice.colin at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 16 20:40:53 BST 2004

Olly Betts wrote:
 > On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 08:20:43PM +0100, Fabrice Colin wrote:
 >>I don't have anything planned on thursday night so I was thinking I
 >>would do it then, would that be okay ?
 >
 > I think that'll be fine.

I have updated the spec files and merged them with Alan Cox'.
See the patches attached...
Omega's spec is diffed against the omega.spec found in
http://www.oligarchy.co.uk/xapian/HEAD/omega-0.8.2.tar.gz
dated 15-Sep-2004 17:59.

Highlights are
xapian-core :
- Libraries are packaged in xapian-core-libs
- Builds xapian-examples programs and bundles them in xapian-core
- Changed base package's Group as this now contains binaries only.
Maybe "Applications/File" would be better suited ?

omega :
- Changed Name to xapian-omega, hence the need to replace references
to %{name} with omega in several places and move the .script and
the docs from omega to %{name} (this requires the latest Makefile.am)
All the /var stuff still lives in 'omega' directories, but that
shouldn't conflict with the game of the same name.
- Changed Summary to reflect the description given on the download page.
Dunno if it's better, feel free to change it back :-)

I have tested this and successfully built RPMs on Fedora Core 2/x86
and Yellow Dog Linux 3.0/ppc.

As for the bindings, I have run into difficulties upgrading swig (FC2
comes with 1.3.19, configure needs 1.3.20). I may not be able to produce
a spec file today as promised :-( I'll keep you posted...

Fabrice