[Xapian-discuss] queries on numerical fields not working

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Sep 27 16:55:37 BST 2004

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 03:16:23AM -0600, gervin23 wrote:
> 'Xapian::Query(Fmonth:june:(pos=1))' returns hits
> 'Xapian::Query(Fyear::2004:(pos=1))' returns no hits

The code in QueryParser expects prefixes to be all uppercase and/or
digits.  It then adds a colon if the term starts with uppercase or
a digit, to disambiguate where the term starts.  It doesn't expect
you to add your own colon in the prefix.

However, it would be easy to tweak it to support your usage.  I'll
check something in shortly.