[Xapian-discuss] multilanguage support

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sat Apr 9 17:24:10 BST 2005

On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 03:56:22PM -0400, links at bannershift.com wrote:
> After some research I found that omega is stemming text
> before adding it to xapian database.

This can be disabled fairly easily.  You need to tweak the source
currently (stemming language "none" instead of "english") - I've
not got around to making this a config file option yet.

> Adding the possibility to choose the language while entering
> the search string is not appropriate in my case.
>
> So, I whant to ask if the are any workaround for this problem ?

Really, I think you need to design your UI so that the language for a
query does get specified (either explicitly or implicitly), or not stem.

You can try to be clever - see the latter half of this message (and the