[Xapian-discuss] Xapian -need help!

Rita juneja.ritu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 20:13:37 BST 2005

Hi,
I do have few questions regarding xapine as I'm a newbie in this and
would appreciate if someone could give me some insight:

1: When I'm trying to index , why it creates/opens so many files,
e.g.this is how one of my index looks like:
% ~/xapian_index> ls
db_lock          position_baseA   record_DB        termlist_baseA
meta             postlist_DB      record_baseA     value_DB
position_DB      postlist_baseA   termlist_DB      value_baseA

why xapian needs to create so many files?

2: Also, from the documentation it's not clear to me how xapian
indexes, what database it uses? Does it uses sleepycat to index the
documents?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Rita